Monday, June 13, 2005

Those jokers over at CNN

I've been reading CNN.com pretty consistently for as long as I've been on this here world wide interweb. I like it because it's a good way to quickly find out what the media would consider the top story to be at any given time of the day. (CNN employees call the the top story T-1.)

And I think it's a good example of a very pared down, user friendly design for a news website.

But sometimes the headlines and polls featured are absolutely ludicrous, and would not be out of place in The Onion. Case in point: the poll featured today (before the whole Michael Jackson debacle, which I'm not even going to get into) was:

"Would you change your religion to marry Tom Cruise?"

This is apparently a question of national concern.

6 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

Well would you?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger sasefina said...

What kind of a question is that?

I mean who wouldn't?

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Moe Busy said...

I would, he is dreamy.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Scrubby Nub and The Bothered Brigade said...

Hard news buried by pop news. I also read there that Paris Hilton is "retiring" in two years. LMFAO!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger aelmy said...

right you are, moe, he is quite the hunk...However, if given the chance, he would change his religion to marry this sweet ass right here.

fuckinnnn' A.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Martin McFriend said...

I would eat Katie Holmes' liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home