Monday, June 13, 2005

Those jokers over at CNN

I've been reading CNN.com pretty consistently for as long as I've been on this here world wide interweb. I like it because it's a good way to quickly find out what the media would consider the top story to be at any given time of the day. (CNN employees call the the top story T-1.)

And I think it's a good example of a very pared down, user friendly design for a news website.

But sometimes the headlines and polls featured are absolutely ludicrous, and would not be out of place in The Onion. Case in point: the poll featured today (before the whole Michael Jackson debacle, which I'm not even going to get into) was:

"Would you change your religion to marry Tom Cruise?"

This is apparently a question of national concern.

4 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Satisfied '75 said...

Well would you?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Jane Donuts said...

What kind of a question is that?

I mean who wouldn't?

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Youngling #2 said...

Hard news buried by pop news. I also read there that Paris Hilton is "retiring" in two years. LMFAO!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Martin McFriend said...

I would eat Katie Holmes' liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home